Introduction to SQL and Database
This course covers the introduction and core fundamentals of Structured Query Language (SQL) and database knowledge from definition and concept to their usages for working with data.
SQL is the language used in relational databases, which stores much of the world’s information from customer purchase records to internet traffic histories. In today’s data career, you’ll need to work with SQL and databases from data extraction to data retrieval, data definition statements, and data manipulation. We will cover data types, syntaxes, clauses, CRUD, how to aggregate data, how to query a database and so much more. In this course, you’ll be introduced to everything you need to know about relational databases and SQL syntax to get started working with popular databases like SQL Server in no time.
In the end, you will have practice exercises, quizzes, and a project to test your understanding. Your instructors will be here to assist you when needed.
What Will I Learn?
- After finishing this course, the learners will be able to:
- Aggregate and query to get insights from data
- Read, write, and transform data in tables
- Query data productively from tables in the SQL Server database.
- Understanding the concept of a database and how to use it.
- Understanding the concept of Structure Query Language (SQL).
- Explain system databases and objects.
- Discussion of database concepts - definition of a database management system.